Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My boyfriend thinks Valentine's Day is stupid.

"Valentine's Day is stupid, boys should give their girlfriends chocolate every day!" said Jonathan, forgetting how quick-witty and candy-loving his is girlfriend is."You're pretty behind," she said. And then there was candy.
And at one point mashed potatoes.

This is what I did for him:
[because i love being crafty--not necessarily because i love him ;)]


I found a giant book of wine that went on for about 100 pages about the wine in each region of the world. I cut out the German section for my German, wine loving Jonathan.
[I don't mean wine-loving like a lush, I mean he likes to be fancy.]


He actually skimmed the pages, and wanted to read. I just liked the pictures.
Mr. Wantstolearnthings always wants to learn things.



On the boring, ugly, pictureless page, I sewed a little pocket.


Inside the little pocket is a recipe for some lovely German-Wine-Drink.
It sounds spicy. He seemed pumped to try to make it.
He always wants to make things!
:D


The last page screamed for a little love note to be scribbled on it. It was so fun to make this little book!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...I also enjoyed baking and frostinging cookies all day.
THEY'RE SO BRIGHT!
This was the stack I gave to Jonathan.
These fish are kissing.

Are you just tickled by that or what?


2 comments:

  1. Such a cute, crafty gift you made for your Valentine. Homemade gifts are the best!
    And your kissing fish cookies are too cute (as are you)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute.
    and no joke... the cookies you gave me for valentine's day were probably the best homemade sugar cookies ever. {wait... were they homemade?} they were so soft and delicious. yay!

    ReplyDelete