Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feb U Warey



A few days (or perhaps weeks) ago I took a picture of some cute fabric that made me think of Valentine's Day.
I also took pictures of Valentine Heart Cakes...
I was inspired.

Suddenly it's February.
AND I AM DETERMINED TO PUMP OUT A VALENTINE'S DAY QUILT.
Which means I want to start a quilt today and finish it by Valentine's day.
14 day challenge.
Totally do-able, but is is ADD resistant?

\/ These are my fabric piles. \/

They're Valentiney because they're red/pink/white/flowery/polka-dotty/and one even has tiny hearts!

I think this one is super ugly, but I want to use it so bad.


This fabric is my absolute favorite, ever! I got it FOR FREE when I was in NYC. We stumbled across a fabric store (that was amazing) and that was putting on a seminar. We didn't have time to learn, but I was invited to steal fabric.
Who would ever try to get rid of this?


After being touristy and wandering around China Town's fabric shops all morning, we crashed into Central Park. We needed a serious nap. So I unfolded my new fabric on a steep hill, under a massive tree, and we climbed into our free+pretty bed and slept with strangers
all around.

I'm pretty sure they could see up my dress.

Either way this giant chunk of fabric was a God-sent nap facilitator.

And I'm thinking...
Maybe since the main fabric of this quilt has Jonathan memories attached to it...
and because this is a Valentine's Day quilt...
maybe I should build it for him?
I just don't know that we're at the MakingYouAQuilt point in our relationship.
It's only been about 7 months...
We just reached the HoldingHandsInPublic point.
He has already slept on this fabric...maybe he should just have a reason to continue sleeping on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment