Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First Quilt Ever Finished!

Mania and motivation conceived the first quilt I've ever made. Suddenly, once upon a lunch break wandering JoAnn Fabrics, I realized I wanted to. I grabbed some material and went back to work, where my mind receded from selling blinds and formulated The Snowman.

Every square was stenciled by a scrap piece of cardboard.
Every inch is sewn by hand except for the inside of the border on one side.

I wasn't on a pilgrimage to sew a quilt by hand, I just hated my sewing machine.

Immensely.

I started this quilt in October and finished in December just in time for my mom's birthday.
*Literally, in the nick of time--the last stitches went in as she was blowing out candles.*

She loved it!
And I loved making it, which led immediately to work on the next. (The Peace Sign one)

No comments:

Post a Comment